Re: Re (2): HTML5 => png or HTML5 => jpg.

On 7/9/2014 8:54 AM, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
> From:	"Weaver" <weaver@riseup.net>
> Date:	Tue, 8 Jul 2014 22:28:35 -0700
>> ... what's wrong with just getting a screengrab,
>> then trimming it through the 'tolls' menu in GIMP. Then save it in your
>> preferred format.
>
> For one or two pixel maps, yes.  In fact "gimp > File > Create
>> From Webpage" opens the document without using a browser.
>
> I might have explaned more about the requirement.  There is
> one HTML5 document.  From this, 14 pixel maps are created;
> then inserted back into the document.  Revisions of the
> primary document are expected.  If a revision affects the
> pixel maps they should be recreated and inserted again into
> the document.  So I want the process of creating and
> inserting pixel maps to be as automated as possible.
> Ideally it should be done by execution of just one script.
> Certainly creation of the pixel maps should be automated.
> Not sure I'll automate the insertion.
>
> In case anyone is interested, the incomplete document is
> visible.  http://easthope.ca/Category2.html
>
> Regards,              ... Peter E.

How is the document revised?  Text editor or via web server, for
instance?  And is the HTML5 document always served by a web server, or
can it be loaded from a file?

If the revision is done via inputting to a web page, you could have code
to automatically generate the pixel maps into a file.  If done by a text
editor, have a script which generates the pixel maps into a file and the
person doing the revision has to remember to run the script (a weak
point, to be sure).

If the page is being served by a web server, you can simply include the
file (via SSI or your favorite scripting language).  If it's being
loaded from a file, put a couple of comment lines in the file - one
before the images and one after the images.  Then have your script
search for those comment lines and replace everything between them with
the contents of the new file.

Since this is just SVG and not image files, it should be pretty easy.

Jerry