Re: SSD optimization on Debian (2014)

On 08/07/14 09:43 PM, KS wrote:
> On 08/07/14 09:37 PM, KS wrote:
>>
>> Over the last couple of days I have tried to run the trim command a few
>> times and it seems to trim lots of bytes. 1) is that normal? 2) does
>> that matter if I forget it, and 3) is it better to run a cron
>> daily/hourly to do that for me *if needed*?

Actually, Bob's original link
http://www.spinics.net/lists/raid/msg40866.html does shed more light on
the TRIM feature. After reading it, I think I can safely ignore it
unless a partition becomes too full. Plus the OS will eventually ask the
file system to overwrite the blocks/portions when needed.

KS