Re: simple database solution without root access

Bob Proulx wrote:
kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
I have some data in text format organized as follows

field_1,field_2,field_3,...,field_9
val_1_1,val_1_2,val_1_3,...,val_1_9
val_2_1,val_2_2,val_2_3,...,val_2_9
val_100_1,val_100_2,val_100_3,...,val_100_9

I want to do database (sql) like operations on this data. For example,
It sounds like you what you want is what many call "data munging".
Such as "data munging with X" where X is awk, perl, python, ruby, or
other programming language.  There is even a classic book Data Munging
with Perl that specializes in such things.  I tend to use awk for such
things since they can be done as a one-liner fairly easily.

that was my first thought: CSV file plus some scripting

my second thought: is this, perhaps, a job for a spreadsheet?

Miles Fidelman