Re: New 64-bit install

On Thursday 03 July 2014 20:32:23 David's IMAP wrote:
> Due to disk failure, have started with new 64-bit wheeze 7.5 install.
>
> Apt/apt-listbugs broken. How to get out of this, i.e. get rid of listbugs
> meanwhile?
I had a problem with apt-listbugs when I installed a fresh Amd64 system
on a laptop, and I found that the solution was to add:-

   Acquire::http::Proxy::bugs.debian.org "DIRECT";

as the last line of /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/10apt-listbugs.

The symptom (you do not tell us what failed) was that it complained about
being unable to reach the bugs site and to check the proxy settings (I have
no proxy).

David