New 64-bit Installation, comments

Actually was quite painless, rapid, certainly OK!

However:

1. Opted for use whole (new) disk, separate partitions (LVM would have
made logical partitions on one big physical partition). I could not figure
out how to modify them so have most of 1T disk as /home. No room for
/opt, /usr/local and such. Might simply make directories on /home and
then mount them appropriately to /opt, /usr/local. Meanwhile have not
(can not) reinstall anything to these.

2. Had I left the repositories as the special ones for this install, would
have no problems with it. Changed sources.list to normal sid, testing,
etc repositories. Now the problems began :-(

3. As previously stated, apt is broken because of apt-listbugs which is
apparently broken because of (Ruby) gettext? Some way to get around
this meanwhile? --  Apper (KDE replacemtn of kpackage, I suppose), does
not hit apt-listbugs. Was functional but stopped installing anything. Need
some way to bet around this as well. Dpkg still works fine (if there be no
dependency problems).