Re: Bug in mediathekview?

 Hi.

On Wed, 02 Jul 2014 20:06:05 +0200
Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:

> LANG=C mediathekview
> /usr/lib/java-wrappers/jvm-list.sh: line 25: /usr/bin/dpkg: Permission denied

And the line 25 of this script reads:

__arch=$(dpkg --print-architecture)

Can you run 'dpkg --print-architecture' as non-root?

Are there any files at /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg.d that aren't readable by non-
root?

What are the permissions to /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg (should be 644)?

What about /etc/dpkg permissions (should be 755)?

> Ok, so let’s start as root:

Don't. Just don't do it. Nothing written in Java deserves being run as
root ever.

> Sorry for the little longer mail. Can someone confirm my discovery? Is
> this a real bug or a personal problem on my system?

I'd bet on a local configuration problem.

Reco