Bug in mediathekview?

Hello list,

I believe, there is a problem with the rights management in the package
"mediathekview".

When starting in KDE, mediathekview does not start at all. Starting from
console, I get this:

LANG=C mediathekview
/usr/lib/java-wrappers/jvm-list.sh: line 25: /usr/bin/dpkg: Permission denied

Ok, so let’s start as root:

su -p
root@protheus2:~# LANG=C mediathekview

======================================
 MediathekGui #  Start 0 [ms]: 0
======================================

.  Filme Schreiben
.     --> Start Schreiben nach: /root/.mediathek3/filme.json
.     --> geschrieben!
.  Daten Schreiben
.  Start Schreiben nach: /root/.mediathek3/mediathek.xml
.  geschrieben!

Good, it is starting! But want to see the first video gives this output:
(I have a German environment, so some output messages are in German.This could
not be avoided, sorry.)

. ---------------------------------------
. | Film abspielen
. | Programmaufruf: /usr/bin/vlc
http://artestras.vo.llnwxd.net/o35/nogeo/HBBTV/046926-000-A_EQ_1_VA-STA_01354952_MP4-1500_AMM-HBBTV.mp4 --play-and-exit
. ---------------------------------------
  >> ERRORSTREAM [1]: VLC is not supposed to be run as root. Sorry.
  >> ERRORSTREAM [1]: If you need to use real-time priorities and/or
privileged TCP ports
  >> ERRORSTREAM [1]: you can use /usr/bin/vlc-wrapper (make sure it is Set-
UID root and
  >> ERRORSTREAM [1]: cannot be run by non-trusted users first).

Sorry for the little longer mail. Can someone confirm my discovery? Is this a
real bug or a personal problem on my system?

Best regards

Hans