Re: No volume change possible
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: No volume change possible
- From: Ric Moore <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 14:30:53 -0400
- Message-id: <[🔎] 53B2FE5D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <53B1A1E2.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <53B1CC2A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 06/30/2014 04:54 PM, Bzzzz wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 22:44:26 +0200
mad <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
pavucontrol does not fix the problem. In pavucontrol between 1 and
100% the volume stays the same. It is muted when switched to zero
and it is getting louder over 100%.
Which knob(s) did you act on?
Play between application volume and general to see
if it is changing things.
Did you check that not any other mixer is running
in the background?
He mentioned kmix, ergo he's running KDE that has another layer of audio
handling with phonon. So, here's a handy guide to KDE:
...who likes to do things THEIR way. :/ Ric