Re: No volume change possible
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: No volume change possible
- From: Ric Moore <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 14:22:42 -0400
- Message-id: <[🔎] 53B2FC72.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <53B1A1E2.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <53B1ACD6.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 06/30/2014 02:44 PM, Bzzzz wrote:
I would tend to agree, except that over 50% of configuration errors
reported, regarding audio, is due to the lack of pavucontrol being
installed at all and/or the user being aware that it needs to be invoked.
On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 14:30:46 -0400
Ric Moore <email@example.com> wrote:
Problems of this sort would be much lessoned if pavucontrol was a
I wouldn't say 'depend' but much more 'recommend'; 'depend'
should only be used for _mandatory_ dependencies IMHO.
So, if it were installed from the get-go, and a dialog popped up during
install time, asking if the user wants to configure audio NOW or do it
later using the "pavucontrol" application? ...that would be really nice!
OTOH, that would just make installing Linux too user friendly. New users
should learn VIM first. <cackles> Ric