Re: Debian Jessie Intel 915GM Suspend on Lid Close

On 06/30/2014 01:01 PM, Dylan Bass wrote:
I have an older Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop.  It has an Intel 915 GM
chipset.  Sleep on lid close on Debian Wheezy works perfectly.  I just
uncomment "LID_SLEEP=true" in /etc/default/acpi-support to get suspend
on lid close working.  I recently upgraded to Debian Jessie for various
reasons, and the sleep on lid close stopped working.  My laptop also has
function keys for suspend and those stopped working too.  The only thing
that works is using pm-suspend, but I have to use it before I close the
lid.  I was wondering if this is a bug or not?  Thanks.

In a synaptic session I <think> I ran across some module/lib that enables an Intel specific module for the keyboard buttons and sleep/hibernate function. I'm not seeing it now, doing a quick look through, but I'm running Jessie. I'm sure I ran across it before, Maybe Wheezy has it still? Ric

p/s ...if it exists at all.