Re: Problems installing Perl modules with CPAN on Wheezy

On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 20:01:09 +0100
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 28 June 2014 18:07:19 slitt wrote:
> > Speaking of Red Hat, there's a Linux group called LEAP, and 60% of
> > their technical messages boil down to "Fedora screwed me again!".
>
> Careful Steve!  You'll be accused of sniping again. ;-)
>
> Lisi

I don't know why. I'm just minding my own business, lying in the tall
grass, rifle in hand, gazing intently at everything in front of me.

But seriously, Troubleshooters.Com switched from Red Hat to Caldera in
2000, and to Mandrake in 2000 or 2001. The only things I did with Red
Hat after that was:

1) Taught a Linux class using Red Hat in 2003. The class was a dismal
   failure.

2) 2005 to present: Listened to the guys on LEAP say how much they love
   Fedora, but they can't get sound to work, can't get this to work,
   can't get that to work.

3) A couple weeks ago, booted Fedora Live to test whether a problem was
   hardware or software. Fedora did not perform well enough to take the
   necessary measurements.

Boom!

SteveT