Re: Can't install Debian - USB keyboard doesn't turn on until Windows loads

On 28/06/2014 11:35 PM, Kent West wrote:
> I had a computer once which exhibited this behavior. It's not
> Debian-related; it's hardware related. I couldn't even get into the
> BIOS, etc. i never found a solution. I gave up on the computer and gave
> it to a friend who was happy running Windows. I've worked with hundreds
> of computers; that was the only one I've ever seen do that. (As I
> recall, it was a consumer-level Compaq, probably somewhere in the
> 2005-2010 era.)

I've also had a weird problem with an Asus box [a Nova P22 box], if I
wanted to get to the BIOS properly I had to unplug all USB devices that
weren't required; one of the devices was interfering with even seeing
anything on the screen.  I can't remember what the device was.

It may have been an Asus monitor with USB ports / speakers, etc ... from
memory.  It was strange though.

Cheers
A.