Re: Can't install Debian - USB keyboard doesn't turn on until Windows loads

On 6/28/14, 8:42 AM, Kent West wrote:
On 6/28/14, 8:35 AM, Kent West wrote:
On 6/27/14, 9:12 PM, Kitty Cat wrote:
I can't install Debian. The USB keyboard doesn't turn on until Windows loads.

I had a computer once which exhibited this behavior. It's not Debian-related; it's hardware related. I couldn't even get into the BIOS,...

I'm rethinking that (it's been a long time, and my memory fails me)
<snip>
the keyboard just wouldn't work outside of Windows. It was very weird to me.

I'm rethinking again; I think maybe the mouse worked fine from a LiveCD after the X Window System started, but that if I installed Linux, and didn't have the boot loader configured to start Linux automagically, I could never get into Linux on a boot; it would either default to Windows (dual-boot setup, as I recall), or would just sit there forever waiting for a keypress I could not provide.

--
Kent