Re: Progress on my new Debian box

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 18:33:27 +0000 (UTC)
Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:

> On 2014-06-23, Tom Furie <tom@furie.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Try again. The "often (re)written" directories are on a WD spinning
> > disk. His data (not sure if that includes homes, but if not I would
> > strongly advise it) is on yet another spinning disk.
> >

> Right, but as his data appears to be on a WD "Green" maybe Steve
> should watch out for the infamous Load Cycle Count bug, if applicable.

Thanks Curt,

The WD green I bought a couple months ago didn't have the Load Cycle
Count Bug, so I'm temporarily assuming this one doesn't either. If it
does turn out to have that, I'll just replace it with a (hotter) black.

My current case is *much* cooler and more air-conductive and has much
more fannage than my old one, so one or two WD blacks can probably run
just fine without those lame "hard disk coolers".

Thanks,

SteveT