Re: apt-get issues with download speed and server access

On Mon 23 Jun 2014 at 12:04:55 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

> I don't know if any conclusions can be drawn from my anecdotes, but if
> you collect enough anecdotes perhaps it can help you figure out what's
> going wrong.

Lots of conclusions can be drawn from anecdotal evidence but a proven
aspect of troubleshooting is to rely only on factual evidence. The
conclusions drawn from factual evidence may be be incorrect but at least
there is a verifiable, repeatable framework to return to. Anecdotal
evidence has a habit of morphing over time, which, amongst other things,
makes it useless for figuring out anything.