Re: Early access to a console (during runlevel 1)

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 11:48:49PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Martin Richard wrote:
> > In fact fsck or the mount operation before fsck stalls (usually because of
> > xfs), so I never get to the recovery shell.
>
> xfs?  The X Font Server?  How is xfs involved?  I am sure it is really
> something else.

I suspect, given the content, this is the XFS filesystem [1]. And, for
the record fsck.xfs "do[es] nothing, succesfully" [2]. Checking is
usually done online, at mount time and, if that doesn't work, the
appropriate tools are xfs_{check,repair}.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFS
[2]
http://manpages.debian.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=fsck.xfs&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=Debian+7.0+wheezy&format=html&locale=en