over after ralf wisely reminded us to assume good faith.

alas...

On Sun, 15 Jun 2014, Curt wrote:

On 2014-06-15, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

However an English to German dictionary mentions, that the OP's address

Code of conduct

Do not use foul language; besides, some people receive the lists via
           *************
packet radio, where swearing is illegal.

but the OP hasn't *used* foul language.  at all.

they haven't written, for example,

 "hey guys, i'm fucking around with an init script here and need some
 help."

even if someone *had* used the term (and the OP has *not*), i would be
rolling my eyes at anyone who felt the need to comment publicly on
whether such language was suitable.  surely such a
boy-scout/young-pioneer leader would just suffer in silence if a
technician had said something similar while working on their car at an
automobile repair facility.

seriously, "fucking around" is synonymous with "playing around".
playing around is not offensive.

furthermore, in response to several petty, unsolicited comments
regarding their domain name, the OP has shown great restraint and
moderation, imo.

such personal critiques, if they belong anywhere at all, belong
off-list.  airing them publicly doesn't make them less petty.

and, even if you disagree with me about that last point, for whatever
virtuous reason: please, take a step back and get a sense of
proportion.  it's not like the name in question is
"bigblackcocks.org", or something.

-wes