Re: When bug fixes are applied on stable ?

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM, Bzzzz <lazyvirus@gmx.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 00:56:17 +0300
> Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Seriously, you're looking for TeX/LaTeX/LyX/etc.
>
> All teachers I know use Latex to build their courses
> in a (very) nice way.
> The learning curve is a bit odd, but it is worth
> the result.

And unlike typical binary document formats (at best, zipped XML like
ODF), TeX source files are plain text, and work very nicely with
source control. Efficient, clean, and you can read your diffs. It's
kinda possible to make a readable content diff by dumping a text-only
version of an ODT, but I've yet to see any useful diff from an edit
that changes a line's heading level, for instance.

Strong recommendation for TeX family.

ChrisA