Re: Package system totaly a complete mess

On Sunday 08 June 2014 12:55:26 Slavko wrote:
> Migration from apt-get/aptitude to Synaptic must be safe. The problem
> in opposite direction, i.e. from Synaptic to apt-get/aptitude, where
> Synaptic lack some functionality about the marking/removing
> the automatically installed packages.

I have on occasion used Synaptic on the boxen I administrate for other people.
I have then not infrequently switched into aptitude to sort out the problems
that seemed to me to be an inevitable concomitant to  using Synaptic.  The
one thing that I do like Synaptic for (though I would not install it
specially for the purpose) is searching to see what software of a certain
type is available.

Lisi