Re: GRUB2

On 06/06/14 02:04 AM, Go Linux wrote:
On Fri, 6/6/14, Man_Without_Clue <love.chaser@gmail.com> wrote:

  Subject: GRUB2
  To: "debian-user@lists.debian.org" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
  Date: Friday, June 6, 2014, 12:48 AM

  Hi all,

  Once again I need your help.

  I have debian wheezy installed on my primary HDD sda1, and I
  just installed Mint 17 on separate HDD sdb2.
  Now the GRUB of the MINT 17 took over the grub of Debian,
  but I don't like look of ths new grub installed by Mint.

  Is there anyway to revive the debian's GRUB or edit the menu
  of Mint's GRUB?

  Thanks for your help.

  Man without clue

Boot into wheezy on sda1 and run update-grub.  That has sorted things for me in the past.

That will update the Grub menu...but it will still be displayed by the Grub installed on sdb2.
What you want I think is to run install-grub as root from your Debian
partition... ie as root "install-grub /dev/sda1"

--
When the rich get richer they get more powerful
and that puts them in the position to lobby for policies