Re: upgrade? broke exim4

Mihamina Rakotomandimby <mihamina.rakotomandimby@rktmb.org> wrote:
> Does your Exim listen on IPv4 localhost?

I think so. At leastwhen I run 'do netstat -tlpn | grep :25', I see:
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:25            0.0.0.0:* LISTEN      22669/exim4
until exim4 quits since it can't connect to port 25 leaving this:
    socket bind() to port 25 for address ::1 failed:
        Cannot assign requested address: daemon abandoned
in /var/log/exim4/paniclog.

Can anyone suggest what's necessary to connect to port 25?
I've compared a month old backups copy of /etc/* to what's there today
but see no differences that would account for losing the ability
to grab email.
Thanks,
Mike
PS: I suspect I'm breaking the mail chain but see no choice. I'm
subscribed to the digest and don't know how to get Webmail to reply
to the list so am replying to my first message that is in mutt's sent
mail.
Sorry,
Mike
--
Life is a suicide mission           - Orson Scott Card