Re: Assange and NSA

On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 10:54:27 -0400
Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> wrote:

> ICANN is an INTERNATIONAL organization with members from all over
> the world.

No, is is an international CORPORATION - the difference's huge,
even if it's a non-profit one.
When you wanna control everything, non-profit corps are one of
the best decoy ever…

http://archive.icann.org/tr/english.html

> There are 13 root servers, all over the world.  Root servers are
> owned by various organizations and managed by ICANN.  The US
> Department of Commerce has nothing to do with them.

No, there are hundreds of them.

http://blog.icann.org/2007/11/there-are-not-13-root-servers/

…
> I can make you a great deal on tin foil hats.

May be the best protection against the Outernet :)

--
Being a woman is a terribly difficult trade, since it consists
principally of dealings with men. -- Conrad