Re: Assange and NSA

On 6/1/2014 8:34 AM, Nuno Magalhães wrote:
On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
The German problem
is, that we don't have our own Internet/ISPs/nodes.

German? ICANN is american,

ICANN is an INTERNATIONAL organization with members from all over the world.

the root servers are managed by the US Department of Commerce,

There are 13 root servers, all over the world. Root servers are owned by various organizations and managed by ICANN. The US Department of Commerce has nothing to do with them.

the .gov TLD is american...

So? The internet started in the United States as ARPANET (a U.S. government project). It still owns the .gov TLD, but that doesn't have anything to do with the internet as a whole.

the net is american (unless you wanna know 4 octets by heart by the thousands).

ROFLMAO!

Incindentaly, what are the (viable and realistic) alternatives here?

Cheers,
Nuno

I can make you a great deal on tin foil hats.

Jerry