Re: Error message: Possible missing firmware during linux-image upgrade

On Tue, 27 May 2014 10:06:07 +0300
Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> > lscpi, dmidecode, hwinfo.
>
> typo: that should be 'lspci'

My mistake.

> > First one comes out of the box in Debian.
>
> For usual values of "out of the box" (i.e. it's in Standard, which can
> be deselected during installation).

udev recommends pciutils (which provides lspci).
'Recommends' are enabled by default.
Whole bunch of FreeDesktop stuff (upower, udisks et al) depends on udev.
OP uses GNOME3, so all those toys are in the box.

I agree that one can uninstall pciutils, but how may Debian users would
do so?

Reco