Re: Why is Gnome3 still disabled after having upgraded the linux-image?

On Mon, 5/26/14, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Why is Gnome3 still disabled after having upgraded the linux-image?
 To: "Horatio Leragon" <hleragon@yahoo.com>
 Date: Monday, May 26, 2014, 5:53 AM

> Try:

> glxinfo | grep render
> and you're looking for:
> direct rendering = No
> If it's 'Yes', then you have hardware acceleration and you need to look elsewhere.

The result of my glxinfo | grep render is: Yes

Where should I look?

> If the graphics system is very recent, there may not be free drivers available, and even proprietary drivers tend to lag behind the product when Linux is concerned. Intel is generally not too bad in that respect.

I disagree with what you said about Intel. My duaghter's CPU is the latest Intel i7-4770 (Haswell) with Intel H87 chipset. Graphics capability in integrated in the CPU, right?

What is strange is this:

linux-image-3.2.0.4-amd64 works flawlessly with my wife's Intel i7-3780 (Ivy-Bridge) with Intel H77 chipset (which is the version prior to Haswell). Gnome3 works flawlessly too.

However I had to upgrade linux-image-3.2.0.4-amd64 to Wheezy backported linux-image-3.14-0.bpo.1-amd64 when using Intel i7-4770 (Haswell) due to problems of rebooting and shutdown. In addition, Gnome3 failed to load even after the linux-image backported upgrade.

Should I report this as a bug?