Re: Systemd and vt9

On Wed, 21 May 2014 20:47:25 +1000
Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:

> The closer to stock-standard install you are, the easier _should_ be
> your upgrade to systemd init. If it's already happened, and
> everything's running for you, you're gold! Nothing to worry about now
> :)
>
> Enjoy your faster reboots,
> Zenaan

I was only being sarcastic. I don't understand all this worry about
systemd. At least not if you're running Linux based system, as an
end-user.

Yes, other free operating systems that that can't currently run systemd
will have a problem because as more and more software depends on it they
will see themselves unable to run a lot of software. That is a
legitimate worry. There threatens to emerge a gap between more pure
Unix-like systems like the BSD's and systems like Linux that are
starting evolve beyond that.

non-issue.