Re: Accelerated driver for Intel video driver?

Thanks Filip,

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 2:08 AM, Filip <filip@fbvnet.be> wrote:
On Mon, 19 May 2014 19:18:38 -0400

Intel video is normally working out of the box, but for newer
hardware you also need up to date software.

So if you are on 7.5, try upgrading Jessie.

I apologize, I thought I had specified, the machine in question is running a relatively recent version of sid. I have not been upgrading as much until some of this chaos with systemd settles down.

Thus I am running

xserver-xorg-video-intel              2:2.21.15-1+b2                    amd64

For example, I couldn't get 3d accelleration working on the integrated
adapter of my i5-4570S on Debian 7.3, and upgrading to testing
solved it.

You can check if it's the same problem with:
$ glxinfo | grep renderer

The output of this is:

OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Mobile

If there is something with LLVM in the output, it's not working and
falling back to software emulation. While you're at it, you can also
try glxgears.

 glxgears gave me:

Running synchronized to the vertical refresh.  The framerate should be
approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
Xlib:  extension "NV-GLX" missing on display ":0".
334 frames in 5.1 seconds = 65.750 FPS
320 frames in 5.3 seconds = 60.041 FPS
320 frames in 5.3 seconds = 60.041 FPS
320 frames in 5.3 seconds = 60.044 FPS
320 frames in 5.3 seconds = 60.038 FPS

l...and the display was a little choppy. Also the Xlib error appears in both the glxgears and the glxinfo...It's looking for NV-GLX? I don't have an xorg.conf on this machine...

Thanks,
--b