2 xservers/display managers

Hey all,

I'm wondering if it would help me to have 2 potentially simultaneous
logins on my computer, one for private use and one for work (I'm working
from home). That would give me 2 home directories, 2 icedove profiles
etc etc.

To that end, does anyone know if it's possible to have 2 instances of
gdm (or whatever display manager) start at boot, so I can log in to them
independently? Actually, I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be
possible, so does anyone have any tips on how?

My current X session is on vt9 (not sure why - they used to be on 7?),
so presumably the next one would be on vt10.

I've had a play with xdm, since I found suggestions that I could just
add a line to /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers, but that doesn't seem to work - I
get one Xserver, and random (well, unpredictable) VT switches. Perhaps
it worked with XFree86 but no longer works with Xorg?

Cheers,

Richard