Re: FSF condemns partnership between Mozilla and Adobe to support Digital Restrictions Management

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 1:26 AM, Slavko <linux@slavino.sk> wrote:
> Dňa Sat, 17 May 2014 21:00:48 +0900 Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com>
> napísal:
>
>> What Mozilla is doing is providing a framework for keeping the
>> companies that want into your computer out, by providing them tools to
>> get only what the law allows them and no more.
>
> I am not lawyer, then i will not write about laws, nor in our country
> nor international. I will write only on ethic level...
>
> But exactly this i consider as wrong. Or will these companies allow me
> to go into their computer(s) to i can see, that they don't break my
> right? I will consider all companies as criminal, by the same way as
> these companies consider all people as criminals (which is needed to
> persecute by inspecting of their computers).

Then don't install the non-free DRM engine. Simple. From what I
understand (which may be wrong, please correct me), Mozilla will not
actually ship the non-free code; you have to explicitly accept it.
With gcc, you have the option of compiling a whole lot of non-free
code and then running it; doesn't mean that anyone's forcing you to do
so.

ChrisA