Re: systemd situation in Jesssie

Le 17/05/2014 21:45, Andrei POPESCU a écrit :
> On Sb, 17 mai 14, 20:20:28, Erwan David wrote:
>> I do not know, I check at upgrade time. And Is there somewhere a
>> migaration doc explaining what to do to replace invoke-rc.d,
> invoke-rc.d is only meant for scripts, you should be using service
> (which works fine with both initscripts and systemd).
>> policy-rc.d,
> What are you using it for?

Do various tests before alowing some services to be started

>> how to get logs (because of journald), etc...
> Not sure what you mean here, logging works just as it used to.
>
>> I'd prefer to *prepare* the transition rather than see something broke...
> Install a sid system and go ahead. How else can the developers know of
> issues that may only appear on your systems?

That's not possible without a documentation first.

And in sid I'll have unrelated problems.

However I just saw (from your other message), that I have for some toime
systemd running on a testing laptop. And I think it explains the
slowness at boot and stop...