Re: no longer sound on amd64 sid systems

* Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> [2014-05-16 03:21 +1000]:

> On 16/05/14 01:39, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> > * Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> [2014-05-16 00:49 +1000]:
> >
> >> On 16/05/14 00:15, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
[...]
> >> after editing /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf and adding this line:
> >> options snd-hda-intel model=dell
> >
> > No, please do
> >
> > # echo "options snd-hda-intel model=dell" >> /etc/modprobe.d/local.conf
> >
> > as alsa-base.conf will be purged in Jessie.
>

> It's a bit hard to follow the broken threads, but I thought the OP is
> running Wheezy *not* Jessie.

It is always not a good idea to edit configuration files installed
by packages in /etc. They will be purgedi/updated on each update. So
individual configs should be *marked* as such. Please notice, Jessie
is on the way ;-)

Elimar, who runs always sid
--
 >what IMHO then?
  IMHO - Inhalation of a Multi-leafed Herbal Opiate ;)
              --posting from alex in debian-user--