Re: no longer sound on amd64 sid systems

On Vi, 16 mai 14, 03:21:46, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 16/05/14 01:39, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> >
> > No, please do
> >
> > # echo "options snd-hda-intel model=dell" >> /etc/modprobe.d/local.conf
> >
> > as alsa-base.conf will be purged in Jessie.
>
> It's a bit hard to follow the broken threads, but I thought the OP is
> running Wheezy *not* Jessie.

I understood that to mean "because you will avoid a problem when
upgrading to Jessie". Even so, I made it a habit to stay as much as
possible away from files "belonging" to a package.

This makes package upgrades smoother, though one still has to check the
local config still applies to the upgraded package.

Kind regards,
Andrei