Re: mount inconsistencies

Bob McGowan:
> On 5/12/14 8:52 AM, "Jochen Spieker" <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
>
>> this looks very weird to me. My wheezy system claims that a filesystem
>> is mounted, but the mount directory appears to be empty and umount fails
>> because the filesystems is not mounted, after all:
-- snip

> Has your system recently crashed, or had to be powered down forcefully?

Not really. But what I did was to "init 1" (in order to mkfs /var with a
larger number of inodes) and "init 2" again. At least I think so, I
didn't take notes.

> On the other hand, if /etc/mtab is a symlink to /proc/mounts, it should be
> current.

It is a symlink now, pointing to /proc/mounts which itself points to
/proc/self/mounts/. But I don't know if a reboot (which happened
recently after the issue) could have restored that state automatically.

J.
--
In the west we kill people like chickens.
[Agree]   [Disagree]