Re: no longer sound on amd64 sid systems

* sp113438 <sp113438@telfort.nl> [2014-05-13 16:27 +0200]:

> On Tue, 13 May 2014 11:27:50 +0200
> Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> > > hello,
> > >
> > > I did the latest update on 2 systems amd64 Sid, and now sound does
> > > not work any longer on both systems.
> > > The program /usr/sbin/alsa dissapeared after installing the latest
> > > alsa-base.
> >
> > /usr/sbin/alsa was a relict from the obsolete alsa-driver package and
> > is almost not usefull as the sound modules now handled by kmod.
> >
> > > No mixers are found.

As you can see bei aplay -L there are mixers avaiable......

> > > Failed to open audio output
> > > Yesterday sound did work on both systems.
> >
> > Please post the output of:
> >
> > $ lsmod | grep snd
> > $ aplay -l
> > $ aplay -L
> > $ dpkg -l | egrep (alsa|asound)
> > $ cat /proc/version
> >
> # lsmod | grep snd

Seems to be correct

[...]
> # aplay -l

Ok

[...]
> # aplay -L
> root@fx4100:/home/arne# aplay -L
> null
>     Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
> pulse
>     PulseAudio Sound Server

Could you please start alasamixer, choose the Xonar via <F6> (
should be the second entry. and test sound again. I assume there is
a prob with pulse.

[...]
> dpkg -l | grep alsa

Sould be fine.

[...]
> # dpkg -l | grep asound

Seems to be ok.

[...]
> My soundcard is the Asus Xonar STX

I noticed ;-)

Elimar

--
 Numeric stability is probably not all that
  important when you're guessing;-)