Re: no longer sound on amd64 sid systems

On Tue, 13 May 2014 20:13:12 +0200
Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> wrote:

> * sp113438 <sp113438@telfort.nl> [2014-05-13 16:27 +0200]:
>
> > On Tue, 13 May 2014 11:27:50 +0200
> > Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,

> > > /usr/sbin/alsa was a relict from the obsolete alsa-driver package
> > > and is almost not usefull as the sound modules now handled by
> > > kmod.

> As you can see bei aplay -L there are mixers avaiable......

> > > Please post the output of:
> > >
> > > $ lsmod | grep snd
> > > $ aplay -l
> > > $ aplay -L
> > > $ dpkg -l | egrep (alsa|asound)
> > > $ cat /proc/version
> > >
> > # lsmod | grep snd
>
> Seems to be correct
>
> [...]
> >
> > # aplay -l
>
> Ok
>
> [...]
> >
> > # aplay -L
> > root@fx4100:/home/arne# aplay -L
> > null
> >     Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples
> > (capture) pulse
> >     PulseAudio Sound Server
>
> Could you please start alasamixer, choose the Xonar via <F6> (
> should be the second entry. and test sound again. I assume there is
> a prob with pulse.

# alsamixer
cannot open mixer: No such file or directory

pulse is not installed.

# cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.14.2-arne-amd64 (root@fx4100) (gcc version 4.8.2
(Debian 4.8.2-21) ) #1 SMP Mon May 12 17:47:23 CEST 2014

Thanks,
Arne