Re: Confusion

On 05/13/2014 01:42 AM, Joshua Anthony wrote:
My apologies to those who feel that I have wasted their time and thanks
to those who have tried to help.

I don't know how I managed to start two threads but this whole business
well illustrates the confusion that I originally wrote about.

The 'technical' question was 'Why does exactly following the process
that has worked perfectly well for other distros, using exactly the same
hardware, fail when I try to install Debian the same way?'

The confusion was - and is - how do I separate my rather elementary and
unsophisticated question from the mass of expert questions from
sophisticated users so as to get an answer I can understand without
irritating them and wasting their time?

Simple, use a subject line that reflects the problem, not a state of mind. Then others can search for and benefit from the resolution. Otherwise, everyone's time is all about you only. Ergo, you're likely to be ignored for your "sin'. Simple, start a new thread. :) Ric

https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png