Re: mount inconsistencies

Andrei POPESCU:
> On Lu, 12 mai 14, 21:57:13, Jochen Spieker wrote:
>>
>> I only noticed it because my backup script complained about the missing
>> path. Prior to running the backup, it checks whether the filesystem is
>> already mounted and mounts it if it is not mounted yet. That failed
>> because mount reported that the filesystem is mounted while the mount
>> point was empty.
>
> Maybe it was related to /etc/mtab being (or not) a symlink to
> /proc/mounts? Just something else to look into if you ever encounter
> this again.

Good idea, although I don't think that mount was reading stale data. I
was able to mount the filesystem a second time and that mount showed up
in mount's output as well. But then I never understood the /etc/mtab vs.
/proc/mounts issue anyway. :)

J.
--
I wish I could do more to put the sparkle back into my marriage.
[Agree]   [Disagree]