Re: Re: loss of I/O on some websites

On Sunday, 11 May, 2014 10:08 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 11/05/14 22:59, Whit Hansell wrote:
Am getting frustrated.  On the internet today there are so many sites
that have taken on so much advertising that it is killing my desire to
go to various sites.  I mean specifically news sites.

My box is a relatively new AMD quad core over 3 Gh, 16 Gb Ram and a
video card w. 1 Gb memery on it, running Wheezy always updated and
current.  I go to some news sites and they have video start up and run
while I'm still trying to get the  page loaded and then trying to scroll
the page my I/O (mouse and/or cursor keys) won't work or I have to wait
for a video ad or more get done.  Than someitmes w/o meaning to I
scrolll over another ad and it starts running it's video and it starts
all over again.

Am I missing something in some an additional program I can install to
help take over or as an addon to Eceweasel browser?  This is really
frustrating and I woiuld appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Whit

AdBlock Pro

Why don't you have it? It'll reduce the amount of page you need to
download ($ netstat --iinet will show you connections).
:)

You 'should' also have these installed:-

NoScript
FlashBlock
It's All Text
RightToClick
Self-Destructing Cookies
User-Agent Switcher

Kind regards

As a side note, doesn't NoScript and FlashBlock have redundant features, in that they both block the loading of Flash content?

So, shouldn't you just use NoScript, since it has more features and additionally does what FlashBlock does, anyway?