Re: Filespace exhaustion on '/' partition

On 11/05/2014 22:07, Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2014-05-11 22:46 +0200, Carl Johnson wrote:

Another possibility to look into is that there might be files under your
mount points.  For example, you might have saved files under /usr on
your root filesystem, but later mounted a /usr filesystem on top without
deleting the files in the original filesystem.

It's certainly worth checking. All these physical partitions, the raid1 partition pairs, the xfs filesystem, and the mount points were created during the debian-installer's partitioning and filesystems layout. (I think I didn't mention, in this thread, that the server is running Lenny.) Nevertheless, checking to see what is 'really' there, on /dev/md1, is worth doing. Obviously, something is causing df to believe that the mount point is full.

A simple "mount --bind / /mnt" makes all those files
visible under /mnt, and you can delete them at your leisure.

I'll do this, this way, during tomorrow.

I haven't rebooted the system yet, either (I'd wanted to force an xfs_check). I have checked /var/log/messages, though: there's a weekly xfs check, and it passed last weekend.

regards, Ron