Re: Can't boot after harddrive replacement

On 05/11/2014 05:46 AM, Itay wrote:
Old disk was 300GB and failing.  New is 1TB.
I replaced the old harddrive and made few steps to copy the system back to the new drive (see below).
Obviously I missed something as the system does not boot.  BIOS comes up alright.

I guess that I overlooked something with the boot files, but what and how to remedy this?

Did you reinstall grub (or whatever bootloader you use)? You need something like
# grub-install /dev/sda
to install the bootloader to the MBR. An rsync would not copy that.

--
A prediction is worth twenty explanations.
		-- K. Brecher

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br