Re: minimal X.org xserver installation on Debian Wheezy

On Du, 11 mai 14, 10:43:14, Brian wrote:
> On Sun 11 May 2014 at 00:29:55 +0000, Martin T wrote:
>
> > I installed Debian Wheezy with no desktop environment as I would like
> > to use lightweight dwm window manager instead. However, as a first
> > step, I need to install xserver. I would like to install minimal
> > components needed for running the xserver. What are the exact
> > components(binaries, libraries, configuration files, etc) needed to
> > run xserver? Obviously xinit(starts X server session), but what else?
> > Or are the components needed for running xserver so scattered that
> > practically one needs to install xserver-xorg package which will
> > handle all the dependencies needed?
>
> If my notes are accurate ; from the last time I did it:
>
> xinit
> xserver-org

Yes.

> xserver-xorg-input-kbd
> xserver-xorg-input-mouse

These two have been replaced by xserver-xorg-input-evdev

> xserver-xorg-video-radeon
> xserver-xorg-video-ati
>
> I'm fairly sure I installed the Recommends:. You may need to have
> different video packages.

Last time I did this I also needed an xfonts- package, like xfonts-base,
but since it is a Recommends: of xserver-common I will probably be
pulled in if one doesn't disable them.

Kind regards,
Andrei