Re: minimal X.org xserver installation on Debian Wheezy

On Sun 11 May 2014 at 13:14:28 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Du, 11 mai 14, 10:43:14, Brian wrote:
>
> > xserver-xorg-input-kbd
> > xserver-xorg-input-mouse
>
> These two have been replaced by xserver-xorg-input-evdev

Thanks. I did have -evdev because it is a Depends: of xserver-xorg. -kbd
and -mouse are now purged, which gives me about 300K of disk space back.

> > xserver-xorg-video-radeon
> > xserver-xorg-video-ati
> >
> > I'm fairly sure I installed the Recommends:. You may need to have
> > different video packages.
>
> Last time I did this I also needed an xfonts- package, like xfonts-base,
> but since it is a Recommends: of xserver-common I will probably be
> pulled in if one doesn't disable them.

After looking at the machine I'm now certain I didn't use recommended
packages. There is no xfonts- package and (for what I use the machine
for) there do not seem to be any ill-effects.