Re: Is Debian still Debian?

Hi,
On 05/10/2014 10:54 AM, Slavko wrote:
Hi,

in last weeks (or months?) i see a lot of daily updates in Debian
testing. I am using the testing for years and i am surprised by this.

testing is the key word, if you would use sid, you probably would wonder even more :)
If there would be no updates in testing that would mean that Debian is dead.

There are three changes: 2 times Ubuntu, 4 time Ubuntu bugs fixed (and
one Debian). Really are Debian users interested in Ubuntu problems?!

A lot of stuff in Debian came from Ubuntu and much more Linux stuff is developed by RedHat and other companies.
Also a lot of Debian developers are also Ubuntu developers and vice versa.

But this question involves some another:

* Is this a direction, where Debian is coming in near future?
* Need i escape from Debian, as i ran away from Ubuntu?

I would suggest in this case LFS, no bloody packaging, unless you build your own package manager.

Best,
Alex