Re: Confusion

On 05/08/2014 02:07 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
On Thu, 08 May 2014 16:31:03 +0930
josh <josh@thefamousjoneses.com> wrote:

Hi,

When one has a problem with any GNU/Linux distribution and goes to the
Internet for help, one is always a. assured that there is loads of
help available and b. directed to a maze of mailing lists where any
search immediately returns at least a million hits.

True.

This is certainly
the case with Debian.

Worse, almost every entry in those lists refers to attempting to
perform some complex technical activity, usually with a root
terminal, and is studded with abstruse technical terms. Trying to
read through even a subset of those entries, obtained by severely
narrowing the search terms, takes hours. And narrowing the terms may
just have excluded the only relevant entry.

I think we're doing a disservice to the OP by merely replying to a post with a subject line like: "Confusion". Sorry, that is not a proper subject line for a post to a tech list. Someone else started a thread with a proper subject line which seems to have gone ignored. Sadly no one else gets educated via a google search. Not to mention that so far there has been little actual hardware info come forth. Yet, this post gets replied to again and again. I despise posts in online forums with subject lines like "Help me!" and so on. Please not here. :/ Ric

https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png