Problems using the installation CD [Was: "Re: Confusion"]

josh writes:
 > Worse, almost every entry in those lists refers to attempting to perform
 > some complex technical activity, usually with a root terminal, and is
 > studded with abstruse technical terms.

Foreword:

Sorry, computers are complex machine, it was so when Linus Thorvalds
started working on Linux and is even more so.

As for every complex system, some knowledge should be acquired.

Having a "root" is a good thing and one of the things that make an
hard job writing an effective virus for Linux.

The companies that promise "easy computing" often lie. [And they usually
take away your freedom for almost nothing in return]

 > I have downloaded 'wheezy' and created a CD from the Iso image. When I
 > attempt to boot from the CD the screen image comes up, I respond to a
 > few options, then the system reports unable to read from the CD - which
 > it has, of course, been doing.

I changed the subject so that people who have the knowledge to help you
can identify your problem from the subject: this is a pretty busy mailing
list and if your subject is not clear there are high chances that it will
be neglected.

It could help knowing which options did you input.

Your CD  burner could be  (turn) defective and do  a bad job  behind a
certain position of the writing head. Did you try to use a different
CD burner to create your installation CD.

Best wishes to solve your problems.

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO