Re: Confusion

On Thu, May 8, 2014 12:01 am, josh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When one has a problem with any GNU/Linux distribution and goes to the
> Internet for help, one is always a. assured that there is loads of help
> available and b. directed to a maze of mailing lists where any search
> immediately returns at least a million hits. This is certainly the case
> with Debian.

Hello Josh,

For a start, this might help:

http://debian-handbook.info/browse/stable/

There isn't enough information here to help.
Have you burnt ISOs before?
Or have you simply transferred it to the disc, which is something I did
when I started out?
How is your burner performing?

There could be a number of issues here causing the problem, but without
specific information, it's a little difficult to determine what.

What messages are you getting ... exactly!
Cheers!

Weaver.
--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine

Registered Linux User: 554515