Re: Debian 7.x and desktop environments

On Sat, 3 May 2014 14:28:32 +0800 (WST)
Bret Busby <bret@busby.net> wrote:

> Ah, if only GNOME 2 would still be available for the curent versions
> of operating systems, it would be supreme )?) .

Yes, it certainly would be. Why the Gnome people threw their success
down the drain and switch to a "hunt and guess" user interface is
beyond my wildest imagination. I love Xfce and OpenBox to death, but if
Gnome2 were still a viable alternative, I'd use Gnome2 on all my
big-RAM machines. I LOVE, and sorely miss, Gnome2's use of nested
drawers in panels.

That being said, Xfce, OpenBox, and LXDE are all very cool in their own
ways.

SteveT