Re: Wheezy VirtualBox guest 1920x1080 resolution

On Thu, 01 May 2014, David Christensen wrote:

> On 05/01/2014 03:46 PM, Patrick Bartek wrote:

> [snip]
>
> > Here's a simple way to check if Guest Additions are installed and
> > working on a Guest.  With the Guest running, move the mouse cursor
> > over the Guest Window.  Is the cursor automatically captured without
> > clicking?  When you move the cursor off the Guest Window and onto
> > the Host, is it automatically released?  If both things happen,
> > Additions are running.
>
> When I move the pointer on the host over a non-GUI VM window, the
> pointer disappears but the window does not get the focus.  When I
> move the mouse back, the pointer reappears.

What happens when you left click the mouse when it's in a VM window?
If a notice appears asking if you want to capture the cursor, then
Guest Additions aren't installed in that Guest.

> > For Guest Additions to be installed from within a running Guest, if
> > they weren't installed initially, you must download the Guest
> > Addition ISO and "recognize" it with the Virtualbox's Virtual Media
> > Manager.
>
> VBox downloaded the ISO image.  If I choose Devices -> Install Guest
> Additions with a GUI client, the CD VBOXADDITIONS_4.1.18_78361 is
> mounted and an icon appears on the desktop.  Opening the CD in Pluma
> (MATE file manager), I see files.  Choosing "Open Autorun Prompt" and
> "Run", I get an error dialog:
>
>      Error autorunning software
>
>      Cannot find the autorun program
>

> But, the problem is already solved:
>
>      https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2014/05/msg00010.html

You really should have the Guest Additions working.  Read the
Virtualbox user manual for the version you've installed.  It's always
answered all my questions.