Re: UEFI install

> Corey wrote:

> I got a new laptop without a CD/DVD drive and am trying to install off a USB image and either dual boot my pre-installed windows 8.1 or just wipe and use strictly Debian.

If you don't mind me asking: what is the brand and model of your new laptop?

Before wiping your hard disk drive, did you save a copy of the boot installation software provided by your laptop vendor/manufacturer?

May I ask why you prefer to do a UEFI install versus a normal install (with regards to Windows 8.1 and Debian Wheezy)?

I confirm that the latest release of Debian Wheezy, a.k.a. 7.4, supports UEFI install.