Re: Debian Noob and MSCORE fonts

On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 08:54:49 -0500
"c. marlow" <chris@marlows.org> wrote:

Hello c.,

>On Mon, 2014-04-21 at 07:00 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
>> you won't find that package unless you add "contrib" to your repos and
>> reload the database.
>How do I do that?

As root, you'll have to edit the file /etc/apt/source.list

Easiest way is;

open a shell and su to root, then start a text editor (e.g nano) and
load the file sources.list.  It will look something like;

-8x-------
# Debian Testing
deb http://http.debian.net/debian/ testing main
deb-src http://http.debian.net/debian/ testing main
-8x-------

after main, add 'contrib' and if you wish, 'non-free', thus;

-8x-------
deb http://http.debian.net/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
deb-src http://http.debian.net/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
-8x-------

NOTE:  Do not change anything else.  The above uses my settings as an
example.  If you're not using testing, leave whatever is written in its
place alone.

Save the file and exit the editor.  Now you can run your preferred
software installer (e.g. apt-get) and update the database of files (e.g.
apt-get update).  At this stage it will be possible to install the
mscorefonts package.

Good luck, and if you need any more assistance, we're all here to help.

--
 Regards  _
Walking through town is quite scary